Reports to: General Manager
The CNC Milling / Turning Set Up Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently producing required parts to specification within the noted tolerances, along with overseeing the daily manufacturing of the department, as well as working within the department, as needed, to fulfill production needs. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Balances quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve all areas.
- Manages departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to manager.
- Helps in quoting all jobs that are manufactured in the milling department.
- Performs or directs all preventative and repair maintenance.
- Maintains proper inventory levels.
- Recommends all manufacturing components and consumables for the milling department.
- Manages department priorities.
- May be asked to travel to customer locations to provide technical expertise.
- Immediately communicate problems with quality, product defects, or circumstances which would cease or interfere with normal production, to General Manager.
- Use various tools and equipment to complete assigned job duties.
- Keep records of parts and equipment.
- Ensure clean and orderly work area.
- Perform duties in cross-functional departments as needed.
- Comply with OSHA safety and health rules.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Patient Demeanor
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and work at varying heights. The position requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling objects that are 50 pounds or heavier. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional local travel possible for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- CNC Milling and/or Lathe Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- CNC Haas experience helpful
- Solid Works Software experience helpful
- Supervisor experience helpful
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Art’s Way is proud to be an EEO employer.